26th: Combined Breakfast Run with the Lotus Register
The venue will be The Old School Deli in the Eye of Africa golf estate, www.eyeofafrica.co.za
As this is South of Johannesburg, we will meet at the Engen Blockhouse 1 Stop on the R59 South, just before Henley on Clip and Meyerton at 8h30 for a 9h00 departure. Drive to Deli is about 20 km and 15 minutes.
Please note that as this is in an estate, there are a few formalities to gain access, we will receive a common reference number on the morning, which will be communicated to all at the 1 Stop. Each car will need to use this common number to get into and out of the access gate. Each driver will have to show their driver's license to be scanned and allow the car disc to be scanned also.
See you there.
26th: Cars in the Park - Pietermaritzburg
15th to 17th : Lowveld Adventure
Please be invited to join your fellow Jaguar enthusiast for a 3 night JCNR tour to Sabie & Surrounds in the Lowveld region of Mpumalanga. This will be an indulgent long-weekend that offers some of the best driving roads in the country and a unique luxury private estate experience at Mbulwa Lodge nestled high in the mountains above Sabie.
Friday 14th June to Monday 17th June 2019 (3 nights) [2 nights Sat/Sun option is available]
Mbulwa Lodge, Near Sabie, http://www.mbulwa.co.za/
- Drive to the Lodge at own time and pace
- The simplest route is via N4 towards Mbombela then take the R539 to Sabie, then left on to the Long Tom Pass, follow signs on RHS to the lodge. Tarred roads all the way to the Lodge.
- Evening drinks & dinner at the Lodge
- Early morning drive (+/- 6am) for those that want to blow out the cobwebs
- Breakfast at Lodge
- Visit Graskop Gorge/Lift Co. http://graskopgorgeliftcompany.co.za/ which offers spectacular views over the escarpment as well as stunning walks in to the forest valley below
- Lunch at Graskop Lift Co. or similar
- Visit to Herman Nel car collection (+/- 80 cars) just outside Mbombela
- For those wishing to skip the car collection, there will be alternative attractions offered
- Return to the Lodge for drinks and evening dinner
- Early morning drive (+/- 6am) for those that want to blow out the cobwebs again
- Breakfast at Lodge
- Drive to the Casterbridge Lifestyle Centre, White River – Father’s Day Lowveld Old Wheels Club car show with many other attractions and shops for non-motoring enthusiasts http://www.casterbridge.co.za/
- Light lunch at Casterbridge then return to the Lodge
- From the Lodge we will then shuttle to the nearby privately owned dam where there is a choice of relaxation or sports including a golf driving range, clay pigeon shooting, trout fishing, archery or easy walking trails – mid-afternoon drinks and snacks will be provided
- Return to the lodge for drinks and evening dinner
- Breakfast at the Lodge
- Depart for home at own time
Rates are R3 600 per luxury suite per night [max 2 persons] including breakfast, dinner, all drinks as well as on site, activities (Fly fishing, Archery, Canoeing, Waterfall Picnic, Driving Range over the dam with floating golf balls, MTB Cycling Tracks (we have 2 bicycles available), Forest Hikes and more). Hence 3 nights for a couple will be 3 x R3600 = R10 800.
Any questions, please contact Bob Brown, JCNR Chairman, on 082 452 9308 or email@example.com
30th: Visit to Still 33 in Kyalami
7th: Scottburgh Classic Car Show
14th: Morning run followed by British Grand Prix
4th: Cars in the Park - Zwartkops
18th: JCNR Annual General Meeting at VVC
1st: Annual JCNR ShowDay - venue TBA
6th: Ladies Lunch event at Johannesburg Country Club